Happy birthday, precious Camden. Your daddy and I were never those kind of parents that went on and on about “how fast it goes.” Until recently. This is a very sweet season. Your brother at four and a half, and you, now a six year old. And now I am feeling it. The pace is picking up. Maybe we’re just thinking more clearly since you’ve been sleeping. Whatever the case, I am grateful for the time I have with you. It’s such a gift to share time and space with someone you love, and I LOVE sharing it with you! You are a gift to your daddy and me. Here are a few things I adore about you:
- how you ask me for “tickles” a gazillion times per day
- that your preference is for me, you, Daddy and Carson to be all together
- those beautiful blues eyes you got from your daddy
- hearing you pray
- when you share your blessings after prayer time (movies, golf cart, Ms. B, Carson, beach, swimming pool)
- hearing you sing and say your Bible verses. Any time I have the opportunity to hear your voice for long consecutive stretches like that, it means a great deal to me.
- your new-found love for the pool
- that you’ve been obsessed with my hair forever and you get so excited when it’s freshly washed and dried
- you look at me with such love
- when you are in trouble and you say “funny” to diffuse the situation
- that you know WAY more than we know you know. Like when you were studying the photos on the fridge and pointed out Grandmom (and said “Grandmom”). Or at playgroup today when you dumped all four puzzles into a pile and sorted them out one by one from top to bottom left to right.
- your love for Thomas the Train
- your sweet and generally mild-mannered personality
- hearing you laugh hysterically on the trampoline or on the swing or in the pool
- that you are the only person in our family that consistently puts your shoes on your shoe shelf
I know I say this often, but I mean it from the bottom of my heart…I am so glad that God chose me to be your mommy. It is a privilege and one of my greatest honors.
Happy happy birthday, Camdenator!! You are a treasure! I love you, and I love being loved by you!